PIANO SOLOSwing Alley 2020
1. Anna’s Theme (Lluís Coloma)
2. Moving from Home to Home (Lluís Coloma)
3. Chicago in Mind (Albert Ammons)
4. Tico-Tico no Fubá ( Zequinha de Abreu)
5. Life (Lluís Coloma)
6. Spring Equinox (Lluís Coloma)
7. Hot Rod Special (Lee Allen
8. Mule Face Blues (King Oliver)
9. Muir Woods (Lluís. Coloma)
10. Country (Keith Jarrett)
11. Ketchup on the Keys (Lluís Coloma)
12. In a Sentimental Mood (Duke Ellington)
13. El Funambulista (Lluís Coloma)
14. Goin’ To Malaysia (Lluís Coloma)
Lluís Coloma - Piano
Produced by Lluís Coloma
Executive Producer: Jordi Pujol
Ilustrations: Maren Pérez
Photo by Antonio Benite
Recorded at Estudios Oído in Barcelona SPAIN on 11th & 12th January 2020 by Natxo Nogueras.
Mixed and Mastering at Wilson Studios by Natxo Nogueras & Lluís Coloma, January 2020.
The new CD PIANO SOLO by Lluís Coloma reveals a deeper side of this virtuous and renowned Barcelona pianist. Over the years, for Lluís, the piano has become an extension of his own body, the perfect instrument to express himself in a natural, spontaneous and unique way. Solo in front of the piano Lluís creates his own compositions, interprets some personal favorites, and paints surprising textures always imbued with Blues and Boogie Woogie, which are the roots of his very varied influences. He's created a cocktail of styles that over time has become his own signature sound, where each theme is a landscape within his own musical universe.
Lluís lives so fully the joy of playing that it is transmitted quickly. In an intimate format and stripped of artifice, the creative freedom of this original pianist is fully exposed, has no limits, and transports the listener into hypnotic, magical environments, full of freshness, emotion, rhythm and energy.